Friday, November 19, 2010

On a day like today

Does anybody see the sunshine on a day like today? Does anybody just pass time watching it pass away? Does anybody wonder what happened to the rain and the thunder on a day like today? No, we just stay inside, never opening our eyes wide and just waste away. I want to take hold of this time I have, before I have to give it back and it’s all gone for good, while I’m still young enough to look forward to days when I’ll look  back remembering my childhood. Why can’t we fall in the summer time, relax in the spring, spring up in the wintertime and just do anything? I want to dance to no music, sing without a tune, find out life has a meaning, and howl at the moon, because my life is short enough on its own and I don’t want to finish soon.
On a day like today, when everything is moving slow, there’s nothing I should know, there’s nowhere I should go.  Just sit back and watch the world move at its own fine pace, let the fickle winter breeze bring shivers to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment