Monday, November 8, 2010

In God's time

I am a leaf on the mightiest tree, I leave with the breeze and come back to thee. He follows me. I'm a wave in the ocean, I'm the fruit on the vine, wherever I'm going, I know he is mine. He never leaves me. I falter and drift, I break down and fall, I try to do nothing, and instead do it all. He still loves me.  I am a wanderer, selfish and lost, I beg for what I want without seeking a cost. I can't see the future, I can't stop my sin, I can no longer fight but somehow I still win. He is my shield. I take without asking, I run without passing, I try to succeed where I'm hopelessly lacking. I am rebel for I make my own plan; God knows what's coming, why can't I understand? For it was he who designed me and made me from dust, where is my faithfulness, where is my trust? I worry and whine through ever hard line, why don't I see that I'm right In God's Time.

2 comments:

  1. beautifully written evan. i love it!

    plus, i know we can all relate. thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph! Poetry is my new thing. Its such a great way to unleash emotion.

    ReplyDelete