Thursday, October 14, 2010

Friends

I have great friends. I feel like I take for granted the blessing I've been given of having great friends. Friends can be the only ones you have to talk to sometimes. Good friends can get you through any bad time. Or they're right beside going through the same things. Or they're asleep on your couch at 9:30 after eating a ton of oreos (Cough cough Trip). Friends understand you better than anyone, and will do anything for you if needed. Whenever I'm sad, or happy, or just confused, my friends are always there to help me (or atleast try).  Everyone has that friend they have all the certain "Memories" with. Those "Uhh....we probably shouldn't tell anyone about this" memories. Sometimes they let you down, but they're all you have and they love you no matter what. I try very hard to be a good friend, and I've found the perfect example of a perfect friend.

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you" (John 15: 13-15)

Jesus laid down his life for us. No one could ever show better love to us than him. I think the closer we are to God, the better we can replicate his love for others and bring happiness to each other and build each other up. The perfect example of love and friendship, my father, my savior, Jesus Christ. I hope that you can find his love as gratifying and teaching as I have and in turn show the same love to your friends and people around you.

-Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment